Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Things I Am Enjoying This Autumn

 




I got this sweater for my birthday and I have been loving it.


It's my color, it's soft, it feels homemade, and it's cozy! Amazon's price is different now than when I bought it, by a few dollars, and there is also a coupon to use. It comes in a lot of color options. 

An activity I've been trying to get back into is painting. I used to do the one stroke painting that was so popular in the early 2000's and I really enjoyed my adult paint by numbers painting. 

Yesterday, I painted a pumpkin.


The edges could be cleaned up a bit but I enjoyed using the paints and brushes I have and making something fun. Also in person its not so bright, the colors are a bit more muted.

In the small town near where we live, these trees are showing off!


They are so beautiful!

I love living in Pennsylvania!


I love the whole aesthetic of Autumn.

Here are some Pinterest photos from my Autumn board.





I could go on and on but I'll spare you! Our Fall Fest is Sunday, and I'm hoping we get a good turn out this year! It's a highlight of our autumn.

I'll be back on Friday with my Information post. See you then!






5 comments:

  1. Our color is peaking right now. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I plan to take the long way into town! My favorite week of the year as far as what the world around me looks like. My daughter-in-law recently said she hopes there is a part of Heaven that is Fall all year long. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos capture the glory of fall, the pile of blankets, the color of your new sweater coat and that red orange tree. Here in my area of California fall is more muted, but still has beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still so many green leaves on our trees, I'm really looking forward to some color. Ps- love that sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have gone right on! I enjoyed reading all your lists. We went from medium color in my corner right on to past peak all in one week. It's all over for another year. Seems as if there's much cooler weather all over. Snow in Michigan and Maryland...too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pennsylvania is such a beautiful state, and fall is when she shines the brightest I think! Love so many of those things you mentioned, but that lovely slab pie (or is it a tart?) called my name! I wonder how difficult that it to make? It sure is a show-stopper! Love your new sweater! I recently bought a burgundy sweater myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...