Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 10, 2022

Weekend

 We had a very nice weekend, did you? On Saturday, we lazed around for a while, then Tim and Kyle went to mow the at the two properties they mow, and then Tim and I went to our local produce stand for pumpkins, apple cider, and a big mum. 



I also ended up with some apples and cherry tomatoes.

I bought two big pumpkins, one is by the lamppost and one is going by the mailbox with the big mum, once the edging has been done at the mailbox. I used a crate I had, a few gourds a friend brought and some pumpkins (and a mum I already had) to create this welcoming display by our kitchen door. This is the friends and family entrance to the house.


My limelight hydrangea has been prolific this year, again, and I wanted to cut a lot of hydrangea for the house and let them dry. Tim decided while we were at it to give it a good pruning, too, so I ended up with a ton of hydrangea!





The bottom portion looks the same but the top has been thinned out and it looks better!

He also cut our Butterfly Bushes back for the season. Come spring, they'll start to grow again and be ready to feed the butterflies during the summer.


The weather has been beautiful, and I love to be outside this time of year! Tim brought all the pile of hydrangea into the house and I stripped the leaves and made arrangements! 

The colors are just gorgeous this year!

This arrangement is in my bedroom. I took the photo Sunday morning while I was getting ready for church.




I have this arrangement on the coffee table.


I have a huge arrangement on my china hutch.


I made a smaller arrangement on my secretary.



I also made an arrangement for my Mom's room.


The colors are so beautiful this year, very much like our trees. This is going to be an amazing year for color!

Sunday afternoon, Tim, myself, and my parents went to the point at Susquehannock State Park to enjoy the view.

While we were there dozens of birds, mostly turkey vultures, began to arrive to enjoy the thermals that must have been around the point.



It was a very good weekend.


This morning my dad is having a pacemaker put in his heart, we'd appreciate prayer for him. Thanks praying friends!

I don't know if you follow Barbara at Small Moments. She lives in Cornwall England. Her husband has been dealing with illness for several years, and she shared this past week that he had passed and was with the Lord. Will you pray for her, too? 




4 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for your dad. Seems that pacemakers are good and help a person to feel so much better. How nice to have gotten out and enjoy the weekend. Seems you have a lot of foliage season left. The colors on the hydrangeas are exquisite. I don't know Barbara, but have prayed for her comfort. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous...your area is stunning this time of year and your hydrangeas....be still my heart....wonderful post today Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying as I type that your dad's surgery will go well and he'll have improvement. I have been praying for dear Barbara in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have been praying for Barbara. She has been a loving and faithful companion to her husband.

    Oh my . . . how about this glorious fall weather? Your weekend sounds like a lovely way to enjoy it! Your back door arrangement is welcoming, and your hydrangeas are brightening up your world!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...