Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 17, 2022

Weekend

 We had a lovely weekend. As you know we went west in our state to the Laurel Highland's and enjoyed the beauty of a fall foliage drive!







Tim, my parents and I made great memories. One was that at our last fuel and bathroom stop, our car wouldn't start after shutting it off to put fuel in. Thankfully we had stopped at a Love's Truck Stop and they had a guy who could jump our vehicle! We were so thankful.

When we got home Tim turned the car off and tried to restart it but it was dead again! Even after running for over an hour! We needed a new battery. 

So Sunday morning we did church at home, then he went in the afternoon to buy a battery at Costco. Rachel and Wes had come by so they went with him and did some shopping, too. 

For lunch we had steak and salad. The family had fries too, but I have been doing well with my eating plan, and avoided the fries. I did put some smoked gouda on the salad and oh. my. word. it was delicious!

I got a photo of my pike climbing roses by the deck. They've been blooming away still!


This is our tree line. It's really getting pretty. Next week we should be at peak in our area.



I'll leave you with this shot down my small hallway. Its a lovely sight to me in the evenings.

I hope your weekend was great! I'd love to hear all about it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I won't bore you with my weekend. 😉

    The colors were stunning! Such beautiful views, though I am no fan of those windmills. We have them, too.
    Yes, your yard is going to be equally as stunning by week's end.

    So glad that things worked out with the battery.

    Your meal looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say, is that a man lying down in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hallway view, so pretty and cozy!! We had a nice weekend spent outside as well, we also had some car trouble. I picked up a tack in my tire, luckily it wasn't flat, I went to get it patched today. Love your trees, ours are still green, but the change is a-coming!! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...