Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Peak Week

 We are hitting peak for color here in our area. The trees on our property are so beautiful right now, but we have had rain off and on since Sunday. 


We've had gorgeous weather all autumn, and not much rain until now. It's not heavy rain, but its enough to keep you inside and not sitting out in this gloriousness!


As you can see the garden is cut back now. I'm leaving the zinnias until their blooms are all gone. The wee finches love to eat the seed heads.

Do you see my neighbors tree? That tree starts to turn at the end of August every year. It takes its time and gives us months of beauty. My trees have just hit their turning. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy them for a week or so!


What's the color like where you live?

3 comments:

  1. Gone for the most part. Your trees are glorious. I'm sorry about the rain. Seems to be that something takes the season every year. In our case, it was a huge windstorm that took our leaves and knocked out power for hours. Still, I see some low lying shrubs that are manifesting golden hues. If we look, we can find color for a long time. Hope that you get to be outside enjoying the beauty very soon. My petunias are still blooming. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Our trees haven’t started changing yet. I’m looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks so beautiful! The colors are gorgeous here too. We have taken a drive (even if it's a short one) nearly every day so that we can enjoy the foliage while it lasts! I wait for this all year and I don't want to miss a moment!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...