Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Into A Routine

is high on my agenda for this month.  


We need to get back to a good cleaning schedule, school routine, meal planning, etc.


It often falls apart during the Christmas season when we are celebrating and off our regular schedule, but this year it was even more crazy, because we bought the store.


I have been feeling the need to get very organized here at home so everything flows well.  We are organized for the business, so I want it to carry over at home.  Not one of my natural strengths, as I am a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kinda gal...I know that will send you planners over the edge, but it's true!


Tomorrow we will be back to a full schedule of school.  We have to put in 180 days here in Pennsylvania and we already have 97 days finished!  We have been having fun this year and I'm so happy to have this time with my children.  Years of learning and loving together that I wouldn't trade for anything!


With all of us working together we should be able to get our chores here at home done in short order by doing a morning and afternoon clean up.  I have enjoyed reading Kim Brenneman's book Large Family Logistics and she has a blog of the same name. There are a lot of really great ideas in this book and she really gets to the heart of the why in this book.  The desire to serve our families and make our homes places of order and welcome.




We have been so encouraged in our new adventure of a family business - our 86 year old associate pastor prayed for us today in taking "a bold step and buying the business."


We had a great day at church and then as we did not have a fellowship meal today, several families went out to lunch.  It was fun, and the kids were all so well behaved.  We are so blessed to have a great church family.  We are going to dinner this week at one family's home - we are excited to spend time with them.  They are such a sweet and precious family, and are expecting a new little blessing in August!  When they announced it today everyone cheered and clapped!  Joy!


Well, I feel as if I am rambling so I should stop writing now.  Have a wonderful week.







6 comments:

  1. well dearie, you won't hear any flack from me about not being perfectly organized. i'm extremely organized, on certain focuses. other focuses? oy! gracious sakes it's a disaster. just ask rocky. seriously. i'm a natural messy who has curbed areas of messiness into lovely organization. then stopped and has since ignored the remaining areas. sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to plan. My problem is following through with the plan...but order is a noble ideal, so I keep plugging away at it. :-)

    Best wishes to you as you re-order your home and schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too need to grab the bull by the horns and just DO IT.....slowly but surely....sometimes IF I watch that Hoarders show, it gives me motivation.....pathetic huh ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about falling apart at Christmas time. It's hard to get to being back on schedule after free wheeling it for a month! I'm trying to get things more organized around here too.Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too find it a little slow in getting into a regular routine after the holidays as we become so relaxed especially when family visits,which is a good thing.
    How exciting a new adventure for the for the new year congratulations on this new adventure that your family is embarking on, I wish you the most success.

    Thanks for the link I will check it out.
    Enjoy your week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is hard to get back into routine, too.

    I love to organize things, although someone walking through my home would say, "You do?!!" It's just hard to keep it organized and it's also hard to always have a good place to put things.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...