Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful

Yesterday, we were in the big city to do a bit of buying.  It was freezing cold, but we were excited and got it done.

It was fun to see Lindsay and Emily blossoming and on this our fourth trip (we tagged a long the other times with our friend Denny) they showed that they have a good eye for details.  We found a few new styles of handbags which we are excited about, and some really awesome sterling silver necklace and earring sets!

On these trips we also have to buy packaging materials, boxes this time for earrings and necklaces.  Lots of details to think of.

Tim and Denny were with us and Denny was very encouraging to us that we did well, and everything is going to sell!  That is key, you know!

I have a thankful heart this morning.

Thankful for a husband who desires for us to work together and to grow.  Also thankful that he has been wise with our finances.

Thankful for a friend and brother in Denny.  He has truly walked us through this process.  

Thankful for Lindsay and Emily who know how to work hard, and are excited for this opportunity to be entrepreneurial.

Thankful for the Lord using this opportunity to stretch us - I now know why He lead me to step down from our homeschool co-op leadership.

Thankful for my parents encouragement and practical help with sleepovers for the younger set when we go on buying trips! 

I never dreamed of owning a handbag, jewelry and ladies accessories store, but I did dream of a family business.  The Lord has been so good to us, and I am looking forward to all He has for us in this opportunity.

What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for so many things....
    friendships, Jesus who gave everything that I might be saved, a loving home and family.......so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always so much to be grateful for. I'm thankful that we found a stove yesterday!

    What a good trip into the city. So many logistical things to learn about with a business...not buying too much of one thing or not buying enough...what will sell in the city compared to what might sell in your community. Good thing those gals of yours have a good education!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful for the Lord saving me and giving me a very patient husband. All the best in your endevours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to be thankful for all He has for us.

    I am thankful for Jesus Christ. All else is secondary.

    May you have a wonderful day!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful Deanna!
    It is so encouraging to be able to look back and see even the hard things were for a purpose and if Jesus didn't take you through the one you would have never ended up at the other...this is what I was thinking with you and the store. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I am thankful for that same thing...we order our day but He makes the plans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...