Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bliss


I love the word Bliss, don't you?  I think I like it so much because it is not overused and it is so full of meaning.

The definition, according to dictionary.com is: supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment.

I have decided to make today a day of bliss for myself.  It is easy for us to run ourselves ragged, to always go, go, go.

Today, while I have home keeping to do, including two 1/2 bushel boxes of peaches, I am going to revel in my home.  I am going to pamper our little cottage, make her smell sweet, bring fresh flowers inside.  I am going to listen to beautiful music, burn a candle, laugh with my family. 

I am going to enjoy my new Victoria magazine!  It's the British issue, and the September/October issue!  Just look at those luscious colors on the cover!  Inside is full of delights too.

Sigh...I can already feel the contentment welling up inside me....

8 comments:

  1. You certainly deserve such a day. Hope that you'll be mightily blessed on this blissed-out day. British issue...???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I know I have fealt worn down lately, not enough hours in the day for everything I want to accomplish.

    A day of bliss is probably in order.

    Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And prepare to spend some lovely time with a bloggy friend tomorrow, right?

    Enjoy your day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I perused it last night, LOVE the British issues. :)

    Hubby has to work today, the freshmen are arriving so the bookstore decided to have him come in early this semester.

    Sooo... I'm going to work on a few little puttering projects around home, too.

    Are you having the beautiful temperatures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word, too. Today in N.E. Indiana FEELS like a September or October day. I think I'LL go get a candle out to burn, too! I don't have any peaches though....but plenty of chores to keep me happily busy :)

    I KNOW you're going to have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your day of *bliss* sweet lady. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve such a day! Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope that your blissful day was all that you hoped for! It sounds delightful! We all need day of respite now and then, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...