Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, August 10, 2012

I Have Frodo Baggins Hair

We recently have been watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  We enjoy them very much and usually do half of an extended edition movie over several nights.

While watching recently, I realized that I have Frodo Baggins hair!  
 
See?

 It's uncanny, really, isn't it?

Amazing.  I should add that this is the way my hair looks when I wash it and let it dry on its own - no product, no blow drying, or curling iron.  My hair has always had a mind of it's own...cowlicks, curly, crazy hair!

I guess if I have to have hair like someone famous it's nice that it is a character that has good character, though Samwise Gamgee is my favorite hobbit!

Why am I posting about this?  Because I have a photo of myself with my Frodo hair and I do not have a photo of all the hard work we did this evening in the gardens behind the house.  Tim dug a bunch of mulberry trees that were trying to grow - I told him our large mulberry tree is probably responsible for thousands of mulberry tress now growing all over the southern end of our county.

The weeded and cleaned up spaces look good, but oh, was it work.  Have I mentioned recently that its been hot and humid?  We were all dripping...quick showers then we watched the final portion of The Return of the King. 

Next time, I'll try to remember to get photos of the stuff you are interested in rather than my hair.  Did I tell you there were three sweet finches eating the seeds on my coneflowers today?  I don't have a photo of that either...

Sorry.

10 comments:

  1. I wish my hair looked like yours instead of the flat mess that it currently is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a full and busy day! My hair is curly when it air-dries, but right now, it's long and unruly. I think by this time next year, it might be short! Those little fingers get twisted in it too easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun.

    I was just looking at my echinacea this morning thinking they are just about "Done" enough to become finch food. Maybe this year I can get some photos....I really want to. The flowers are just too close to the door so I always scare them off. Have to sneak out the back door I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hobbits, kind if wish they were real.... And I would like them to build me a hobbit house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, yes, you do. I'll put in mine and raise you two. Yup, we could be two peas in a pod these days. I went out for breakfast yesterday and couldn't believe, when I got home, how wild I looked...my white cowlick was sticking straight up. Ai yi yi.

    All that yard work in this heat? Could it not have waited for the cooler days of October? ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is great! I only wish mine would curl so well. I have just enough natural curl to be annoying, and not nearly enough to let it go and be cute like yours. (Is anyone ever happy with their hair? Any woman, that is?)

    Kudos to you and Tim for working through the heat and humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. w/o my hair smoothing product it looks like a horse's tail. i would ♥love♥ hair like yours!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deanna, you crack me up!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The finches have been enjoying my zinnias and sunflowers. I think I have a photo of that somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby has Frodo hair too. I've always wished I had his curls, and he wishes he had my straight hair. Isn't that always the way? It's really hot here now too. Our a/c is working overtime.
    Enjoy your weekend! I'm so glad to be back in blog land :)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...