Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Thank You

Thanks, friends, for your kind words of comfort.

Sadie was born in our house, one of a litter of 15 puppies that Lindsay's dog Samantha gave birth to 8 years ago.  She would have been 9 this year.
 
It will take us a while to get used to not thinking about her - I found myself at dinner last night thinking about needing to feed her.  She was always ready to go out with me to feed horses, though if it was cold she'd wait up by the house!

 I'm washing up her food bowls this morningI don't want to have Rachel do that.  I am leaving out her jar of doggy treats - Kamryn loved to give her those.  We'll share with our canine friends who come for visits.

I've always said that I'm not a 'pet person;that I was busy raising kids and that we had pets because of the kids.  Those things in a sense are true, but I've loved our dogs, and will feel the loss.  For the first time in nearly 15 years we are without a dog.  

A few have asked whether the person who hit her stopped.  No, they did not.  Our neighbor stopped when she saw her and let us know, then called her daughter, also a neighbor, who is a vet tech.  She gave us good advice, gave pain relief for Sadie, and the vet said that she wouldn't have done anything different overnight either.

Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers. We are appreciative.
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! We lost our doggy in September and we still keep on expecting her to be there. Sending you all, especially Rachel, prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cleaning up after a loss can be challenging...I still haven't had the heart to go through Fioré's things. Must commit to this soon. I like your forward thinking...dog treats for your canine visitors....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is empty in your house:( My Daughter's family lost their beloved BB to old age a year ago but her spirit is still there in their hearts! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will take time..if you ever get over it. We still miss our dog though not quite as fresh as it was the first year or two.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...