Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, June 26, 2020

Friday Five


Welcome to my Five on the last Friday of June!

Today it is flowers and a selfie.

1. Hydrangea from my endless summer hydrangea.  I'm loving this continually blooming hydrangea.  


2. Hydrangea make even the bathroom look elegant!


3. My garden has been loving the heat and humidity.


4. Hollyhock 'Nigra' is stunning, as usual!


5.  Selfie


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I'm glad we are back to church (in person) these days.  I have had far to little interaction with friends since early May.  I have my people here but I still get lonely.

The real struggle in the world of good vs evil is apparent these days like never before, that I remember anyway.  I find I must really monitor my intake of news, and pray to keep my heart focused on truth and on these things - 

"whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things" Philippians 4:8

Then "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.



7 comments:

  1. Five lovely photos, the last one being the loveliest!!

    These are trying, testing times. It is always a good thing to focus on truth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like flowers in the bathroom! And church is still online for us...I miss the interaction, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your Five on Friday. Gorgeous hydrangeas. Love that one in the bathroom. Love the glimpse of your outside garden area -- looks so pretty. Love that photo of you!

    Happy weekend,
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Pretty Lady! Hope that you have a splendid weekend. Your garden looks wonderful and that chicken looks especially cute on the path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos; it's always nice to see your smiling face. Our hydrangeas are blooming just now, too. I love the colour of yours. And that hollyhock - such drama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers from your garden! I SO love flowers. Yes, good vs evil and steering clear of the constant news here too. Clearing my mind and heart of it all is tough these days. Together we will make it, with lots and lots of prayer. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how beautiful and full your flowe beds! Sounds like your heart is equally full in these strange times...❤️

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...