Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, June 29, 2020

Monday Encouragement


Taken yesterday early evening after a thunderstorm.


"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4

This verse was a part of our pastor's message yesterday.  It was not his main focus, but the Lord used it to get my focus back on the important things. 

I also was rebuked by this part of scripture because friends, I have not been praying for my Governor, or those in power in the federal government. I've emailed their offices, but I haven't prayed for them.

The world has always been locked in a battle of good vs evil. We've talked about that recently and we recognize how evil no longer is trying to hide itself. I'm praying that people will be awakened out of their slumber.  I know I've needed to be awakened to where I can focus my attention and it will really make a difference. (prayer)

The pastor's sermon was actually on Psalm 11.  These were his main points.

When the foundation cracks:

1. We need not flee.
2. We need not fear.
3. We need not fret.
4. The Lord is on his throne.
5. The Lord is paying attention.
6. The Lord will bring judgement.
7. The Lord loves justice.

Psalm 11

In the Lord I take refuge;
how can you say to my soul,
    “Flee like a bird to your mountain,
for behold, the wicked bend the bow;
    they have fitted their arrow to the string
    to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart;
if the foundations are destroyed,
    what can the righteous do?”[a]

The Lord is in his holy temple;
    the Lord's throne is in heaven;
    his eyes see, his eyelids test the children of man.
The Lord tests the righteous,
    but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.
Let him rain coals on the wicked;
    fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup.
For the Lord is righteous;
he loves righteous deeds;
    the upright shall behold his face.






I hope these words bring you encouragement, too.  Our world is facing many dark things, but we don't need to fear.  He is our refuge.




5 comments:

  1. I needed this! Thank you, we need to pray for our leaders. They are for sure in need of our prayers for leadership and carrying the weight of all of the problems in our world. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😁 Well I have a difference of opinion on some of these things, but I will not argue with what The Lord has laid on your heart. Have a blessed week! We are having some much-needed rain. The world had become pretty dusty and the lawns are crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful Psalm! It's so easy to become angry about everything that is happening and lose sight of the fact that God is in control and He loves us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this!! Yes, I am encouraged by these words from I Timothy and also from Psalm 11. It is so easy to get our eyes focused on the problems and the issues and on man's solutions, when He really is asking us to pray and to trust Him. Thank you for this reminder to keep my mind on things above!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...