Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 10, 2020

The Weekend: Filling My Soul With Good Things

 This weekend was filled with goodness. 

On Friday, we had a deluge of rain, more than earlier in the week from the hurricane.  It was unbelievable, and at my parents house they got water into the lower level of the house.


Thankfully it had stopped raining before we headed out to a 50th Wedding Anniversary gathering.  The 'bride' wore her wedding dress (she did this on their 25th anniversary too), and the groom wore his originally wingtip wedding shoes. (he had rented his tux for their wedding)  They are still going strong after 50 years!



Saturday was beautiful in the morning as I was running errands, and so I thought it was a good day to weed the garden.  In August there are not really cooler days to do it, but wow! I got sweat in my eyes!  Thankful for Kyle's help, and a shower and air conditioning to cool down.  The garden does look better.


On Sunday, there was a beautiful breeze as we gathered outside at our church.  It's such a blessing to worship together and be encouraged in the word.



Benji, one of our pastors, reminded us that its okay to grieve, and that God meets us in our grief with comfort.  A really good message for these days where we are all grieving something.

With so much evil in the world, I daily pray for discernment, to see what's true, and to see what God would have me spend my time on. I'm Tim's conduit of news and information, mostly, as his days are so busy, and we've begun to pray together about things happening in the world, world and state leaders, our lives, etc.


Here is a song we sang yesterday during worship.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your friends! That's something that few women could do...wear their wedding gowns...I certainly could not. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine! Wearing your wedding dress, on your 50th Ann.!!!!! How amazing and wonderful!!!!!!! ~smile~

    Your outside church gathering... No masks or social distancing? Especially with the singing? What comes out of our mouths, when we speak/cough, and especially when we sing, is how the Wuhan Virus spreads.

    Just wondering....

    'Miss BB'🐝🐝
    "Beside a babbling brook" blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful for like minded Christians and for the encouragement it provides. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss church (not allowed to open here, although the news states otherwise, our king isn't allowing it and how he gets away with it, I don't know, sigh). ANYWAYS...what a great post, thank you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the humidity has been CRA-ZY!! I can believe you about that sweat in your eyes! I am beginning to pine for autumn . . .

    In spite of the tiresome weather, I am happy that you had some soul-filling moments this past weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of coneflowers.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...