Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Hydrangea Summer

Happy Summer!

I've already been able to cut some Annabelle's from my garden, but the rest are not quite ready to bloom. However I am excited for Hydrangea summer!

The following photos are all flowers from my garden. These blue hydrangea no longer grow in my garden, but I've replaced them with two newer blue hydrangea plants.



Weren't they beautiful?


This is a new (planted last year) endless summer variety. Supposed to be blue but this is the color they were in my soil. This year I've amended the soil with an acidifier so I am hoping for blue again! I also planted a new blue and I added acidifier around that one too!


This pretty pink is from a store purchased hydrangea. I don't get many blooms from it but it is a very pretty pink!


My Annabelle's in the front garden are incredible. They get huge! Looking at this photo makes me glad we've replaced the fencing!

 

These are from my pink hydrangea!


More Annabelle's!

The limelights are a favorite, too!




Do you love hydrangea? They are a joy to me in my garden! I cut them liberally and seeing them in my rooms in my cottage makes me very happy.

8 comments:

  1. My goodness gracious....your Hydrangeas are simply stunning Deanna! I have always said you have the prettiest garden around town! Wish I could visit and enjoy your perfect weather for a short time....just sounds wonderful! Such lovely photos for this post! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love hydrangeas! We have several limelight bushes. The first one we planted here is now HUGE, even after trimming it quite low. We also have a bush that was already here, and an Endless Summer. I have already cut several bouquets from the Endless Summer, although the first round of blooms seem to be waning now. Can't wait for the limelights which I will cut liberally, as there are plenty to spare!

    Hydrangeas are such sweet, cheerful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely gorgeous! New to your site. Happy I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No room for hydrangeas here, but I do enjoy seeing them in other folks' gardens.

    Laurel has some, but she is selling her little house on the river. Guess she feels too far from civilization.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hydrangeas and yours are looking quite lovely. So much joy they must give you. We have one--it goes from green to pink--that is doing very well. Our climate is not so kind to the more tender varieties but we have had good luck with one that has given much pleasure for probably 4 - 5 years now. Always happy when after a cold winter I see green shoots poking through in the early spring.

    Wishing you a beautiful first day of summer, Deanna.
    Brenda xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are pretty. I've never grown hydrangeas. I have to read up on how to grow them. I'd like at least one hydrangea plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Unfortunately I can't plant hydrangeas here because the local deer eat them. Enjoyed them in our city yard years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was here the other day but I couldn't comment on my phone! I am SO going to try hydrangeas next year!!!! Yours are drop dead GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...