Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

My Paint By Number Painting

 If you've been around for awhile, you may remember that Weston bought me a paint by numbers kit for Christmas. I worked on it a bit in the winter but mostly it has sat behind my bedroom door for months. 

Recently I've worked on it and the last two days, I've really spent good time on it. I finished it yesterday.



It turned out pretty well. The background is choppier than I'd like, and I may go back over some of that. It's not so blended or subtle.

I used the colors they gave me, but I confess on some of the flower sections, I lost what color I should be using. This is my own fault, as I was working by color number all over the painting rather than on one section at a time. This I think would work better for me.

This is the painting guide and you can see some sections are very small, and if the number gets covered, even partially, it's hard to find exactly where you are working.





I may go back and go over sections that have some white coming through the paint.

Would I do another painting like this? Yes, I would!

It was fun, and a good creative outlet for me. I know Kim has done at least one of these paintings, and she is who inspired me to give it a try! Have any of you ever done a paint by numbers since you've been an adult?

I might like to try this one next.

The link to my painting is {here}.

I'm definitely going to work on the blending on the background. I have plenty of paint, and I want to see what I can do with it.





4 comments:

  1. Deanna, it came out so beautifully! You are inspiring me to take up painting by number! I agree on the background, it looks fine but could look better. Since you have plenty of paint, it makes sense to try. But it is gorgeous as is. Do you have space in mind to display it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, Deanna! I do hope you'll frame it! No, I have not done a paint-by-number as an adult, but I can still smell those paints when I think about it. Do they still smell the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get high praise from me for finishing the project. I have not done any paint by numbers as an adult. Show us again if you play with it some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for finishing this project. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...