Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Poster Child For Cataract Surgery

 



I had an early morning check up on my left eye. My cataract surgery was on May 4th, and it's been smooth sailing in recovery.



This morning the tech said that I am "the poster child for cataract surgery," as my eye now is 20/20 just like my right eye. (I had cataract surgery on that eye in 2016)

I'm getting used to just using readers, but I read a lot so I bought a five pack of readers and have them stashed around my usual reading spots. I keep a pair in my purse as well.

I found myself reaching to push up glasses that aren't there, as I have worn glasses for about 32 years.

My vision is crisp and clear, and I bought inexpensive sunglasses for the first time in 'forever!' That's been fun!

I put surgery off for nearly two years due to cov*d, and I am thankful that I was able to get it done now.


6 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    I had both eyes done this past Oct/Nov - 2 weeks apart and at first everything was great. But around March I started developing floaters which I never had. My eye doctor told me the cure for floaters can be dangerous so I am opting to just learn to live with them. So yeah, I'm disappointed especially after a couple of months of doing well.

    I opted to be able to see up close instead of far away. I'm used to wearing eyeglasses and they are part of me - everybody knows me with eyeglasses. At least I can see when I get out of bd in the middle of the night, which I couldn't do before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything has turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! You must feel so free without those glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for your successful surgery outcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent report! I have my first eye appointment since 1970 next week. Hoping for a prescription for distance for driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!!!!!!!

    Ours was simple as well. But we still wear glasses.

    So happy you had this done and it is behind you!

    Gentle hugs
    💛😊💛😊💛

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...