Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, June 20, 2022

Weekend

 



We had a lovely weekend! Our friends Rick and Jane arrived Friday, having traveled with their camping trailer from Florida. They traveled through rain storms on Thursday and then the horrible DC traffic on Friday, but they made it safe and sound!

Our weather has been cool and mild so Tim and I sat out on our patio space on Friday evening while waiting for them to arrive. I walked out barefoot and though I was watching for bees, I got stung on the bottom of the second toe on my right foot! I lifted my foot and the bee with his stinger was still attached to my toe! Tim took care of that quickly and then we put plantain on it, then some ice. By the time our friends arrived it didn't even hurt!

Saturday morning we headed out to go to breakfast and the first local restaurant was closed do to not having staff! The second place at a golf course only had a take out window open. So we headed to Cracker Barrel and the wait was going to be 40 minutes! We headed to a smaller coffee place and got right in and had a delicious breakfast! So crazy.

We had outdoor service at church yesterday and then home to BBQ beef sandwiches, coleslaw, beans, watermelon and some local strawberries! For dessert there was a cheesecake sampler.

It was a fun day, we had four generations here, a friend of Wes and Rachel's from church, and Rick and Jane, of course! They had fun FaceTiming with their son and his family in England, and then also their daughter in Houston. Good day celebrating our Dads.

In the evening we sat our with Rick and Jane by a fire and made some s'mores, and talked.


Here the fire was burning down so we put the cover on it and went inside to watch a movie called Risen. Have you ever seen it? It's really good. 




My second grandson turned two on the 12th and I wanted to show you the card I handpainted for him. It turned out cute.

Today, we're headed out on a few errands, and eye appointments for my parents. 

I hope you had a good weekend, too, and were able to celebrate the dads in your life. They get a bum rap in our culture, but where would we be without them?!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend . . . well, aside from the bee sting! We had a great day celebrating all of our dads too. You're right. In our culture, Dads certainly don't get the honor that they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful weekend. Glad your friends arrived safe and sound. I briefly considered making my niece's birthday card—I don't have your talent. Your card is far more memorable than any other.

    Plantain for a bee sting...must remember that.

    A happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we watched it around Easter and it was a really good movie. We really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...