Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

This and That

 Tim and I went out for dinner with my parents last night to celebrate 63 years of marriage!

Here is what my dad wrote on his FB page yesterday - 

"63 Years ago today the love of my life and I started down the road of marriage it has been quite a trip that I could not have done with anyone else I love you Phyllis more today and with Gods grace we may have a few more years."

Very sweet.




When I was taking their pictures, I tried to not get other people in the shots. I took mom's several times but couldn't avoid this little guy. Mom said she didn't like the photo because she 'looks old.' We should all look so old at 80!

On the way home there was a gorgeous sunset. We were driving but I did the best I could to capture it. No filters used. God was painting the sky last night!




Here is our oldest Nate. Handsome, isn't he? This photo is from my parents 50th anniversary. He had no idea what was ahead of him. Married with four daughters! A lot can happen in 13 years!

I changed out the glass drops on the chandelier to crystal cut drops. They are lovely and catch the light so much better!




Here is what they looked like when I bought the chandelier. Of course they were dirty. They looked much better when they were cleaned but just not as pretty as the crystal cut ones!

Today I need to get some weeding done in our cottage garden, and I need to dead head some roses. I am thinking that I may put another dose of soil acidifier around my two hydrangea that are supposed to be blue!

What are you up to today?

2 comments:

  1. One comment down. 🤦🏻‍♀️

    As I was saying, your mom is a pretty lady and always will be no matter the years. Nate looks a lot like his dad.

    Yes, the crystal drops are beautiful. I am glad that they are catching the light well.

    Take it easy in the garden. I'm trying to decide if my knees can handle mowing the front lawn. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a precious message from your dad to your mom! It goes straight to the heart! Your parents look wonderful, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...