Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 11, 2022

Weekend

 

We had a very nice weekend. 

We had gone grocery shopping on Thursday so Friday felt like Saturday, and it made the weekend feel longer. Kyle got to go hang out with his friend, Daniel, on Friday, and in the evening when they brought Kyle home, Tim got to visit with his good friend Mike, who is Daniel's dad.

Saturday was a rainy day, so no outdoor work for the guys. We are close to having the deck for the pool finished, but it wasn't Saturday.

I made bread, and soup, though it wasn't 'soup weather.' I made two rustic loaves. They are not sour dough, but they were simple and delicious.


I whipped up some honey butter to have on the bread.

Sunday was baptism week for our church. We always have an outdoor service at our retired pastors' home, and the baptisms are in the pond. It was a very warm day, but the pond is spring fed and cold!

In the late afternoon, a sweet family we are friends with came over. We all used to go to the same church, and when we met them they had four kids. They have nine now, and the oldest will be 18 tomorrow! We've known them for about 13 years.


Klaire was happy. She and the littles caught fireflies, they swam in the pool, and generally ran around. We ate hot dogs, sweet corn, beans, chips. Later we had ice cream cones.

It was so good to be together!

Today is Sarah's birthday! She is 20 years old! I started blogging in March of 2007, when she was 4 years old.


This photo is from her graduation in May!


Happy Birthday, darling girl. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sarah 🎈 She hasn't changed a bit. I didn't know you in 2007. Your blog is older than mine by 4 months, but I was wondering how I knew that little girl. She looked so familiar. Sounds like another good weekend with family and friends. Ahhhh summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time we met, Sarah was exactly half of her age now! She was bubbly and charming and I'm quite sure that she still is! Happy birthday week to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...