Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 7, 2022

Weekend

 

This photo was taken at the beginning of last week. The front yard was a bed of leaves.

By Thursday nearly all the leaves were off the trees and Tim was hard at work dealing with them.



When we got home from co-op I sat out on his trailer bed and took a few photos.

It was not five o'clock yet and the light was fading. The house and cottage garden looked so pretty.


Saturday, we did things at home. I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Yum! You can find the recipe I used {here}. 

In the late afternoon Tim and I took a drive as he had to pick up some items needed for a repair job this week. The view was lovely. I call these times "car dates." 


A lady at our church does several fundraisers a year for a ministry in India, and she sells pretzel roll sandwiches. We ordered a bunch and picked them up at church. That was a delicious and easy lunch. Afterward, Tim puttered a bit then had a nap, I took a nap in my chair, Kyle and Kamryn played a computer game together. 

Later Nate and Kay brought the littles down and we had a fire and cooked hot dogs. The weather has been so warm, it wasn't cold at all.

The moon dancing in and out of the clouds and was so pretty. It's nearly full.



We aren't usually outside at night, unless we are going or coming back from somewhere, so I usually only see the string lights from inside the house. They make the outside pretty at night.

 


You can't tell but on the right side of the deck stairs is a pink climbing rose and she is blooming still! I love it. (That umbrella needs to go to the basement)

The little girls were enjoying riding a small toy down the ramp, and also using old strap on Fisher Price roller skates, too. You can hear Kaidence in the background of the video.


I love a good fire. It was fun to have Nate and Kay and the girls down. They live very close but they have a busy life, with Kam and three girls 6 and under! I'm happy they'll have good memories of being at our house.


Friends, tomorrow is such an important day in our nation. I know what the people want, but will we be able to overcome the cheating? I'm praying we will.

A friend shared this on FB and I thought it was good.


Let's be people of discernment. Let's trust God and use the gift he gave us as Americans, and make a giant red wave. We don't want to be ruled by elites, we want the 'Shining City on a Hill' to be a light once more to the nations. 

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever..."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." John Hancock
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

People everywhere long for freedom. The source of true freedom is God, and found through his son, Jesus. All peoples, everywhere, should have the opportunity to know him. They may not choose him, but they should be free people.

Keep praying friends. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Autumn activities...

    And so happy to know that you too, are joyful to return to "Nature's Time"!!! When noon is when the sun is over head........ Etc. :-)))))

    🍁💛🍁💛🍁💛🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos. Smitten with the one of your fence draped with warm lights in front of your house. And that moon light photo was exquisite. Have a wonderful week ahead... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely. You had a truly beautiful autumn. It was 72° today and I just took a walk around the yard to enjoy the warmth before darkness descends. Tomorrow will be a high of 48.° My hope is to get to the polls early so I can spend the day baking. I have a feeling it's going to be that kind of a day. 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...