Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 14, 2022

Weekend

 


I came across this photo from 2014. Since then we've added two more spouses, and 7 grands! Kamryn was already 4 years old, but not in this photo. Kyle is now taller than Nate, and still growing. We were supposed to get a big family photo last Thanksgiving, but Emma and family didn't make it up here last year. Hopefully we'll get one soon.

Here is a lovely family photo taken last month.


Our weekend was very low key. Rachel and I went to our ladies Bible study Friday night, we are studying the book of Jude. It's a tiny book with 25 verses, but it is full of a lot of good stuff.

Then on Saturday, she and I went shopping. Mom was to go too, but she has a bit of a cold and decided to stay home. We went to Hobby Lobby and it was busy! Autumn things were 75% off, I got 12 new cloth dinner napkins, and Christmas things were 50%-60% off. I got a bunch of greens to add to my existing garlands that I've had for quite a while. 

Most of my Christmas decor is greens and ribbon and lights. I picked up a new string of colored lights for Kyle's personal tree, the old string had burned out. It's the only room in the house with colored lights. 

I bought yarn, gift tags, two cement planters that were 50% off, a gingerbread craft for Klaire and Kam to work on some Sunday in December. I also got a roll of brown craft paper with a white plaid pattern. I can use this year round for wrapping gifts.

We went to lunch and then we went to Kirklands. I was looking for some greens they have that look realistic, but they didn't have any instore. I did find a cozy navy blue throw blanket that I will give as a gift.

The girls were sick with colds this past week, so they didn't go to church with us. We came home to Tikka Masala in the crock pot. So yummy. 

I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins again, using a recipe from Rachel this time. I think we like the recipe I shared last week a bit better.

I made them though for the people who run the produce stand just down the road from us. They are really nice and we love buying pumpkins, veggies, and cider from them. I have been making muffins for them as a thank you, for about 5 years now!

Tim and I took them up to them and bought a bunch of small pumpkins, and five giant mums for decor for our church's Thanksgiving meal this week.

We are having 14 tables, and I bought the pumpkins to put three in a row in the middle of the set tables, and then I am cutting the flowers from the mums, and putting them in small glasses to add around the pumpkins. I'll take photos to show you.

The evening was relaxed. Tim made popcorn and we watched a movie. I'm knitting a hat, so I worked on that.

After taking a weekend off of politics, we talked a bit about the battle between Republicans. It's important. It seems ugly and unkind, but I promise you, the establishment Republicans would rather keep their power, even if it means the Dems are in control, than have any America First candidate in office. They are scared of losing their power. 

Pray, and let's have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, establishment republicans would rather cut of their own noses to spite their collective face. Not much milk of human kindness evident. People are hurting and they do not care.

    Family photos are wonderful...it is fun to see how the children grow up. Seems to happen in a flash.

    Emma is so lovely and her children so darling. Well you do have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...