Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring!


I'm so happy that spring is here!  

We were teased a few weeks ago with super mild temperatures and flower buds on my lilacs.  Then we got, what we like to call, "second winter."  More snow and very cold temperatures!

I'm hopeful that in spite of this late snow that spring flowers are just around the corner.  In the meantime, my niece and great-niece are visiting from Florida and enjoying snow!

Sarah helping Kamryn, in pink, and Miriam, in purple enjoy the snow!

It's all in your perspective!

I'm looking forward to hydrangea, roses, peonies, iris and more in my garden.

How are things in your 'neck of the woods?'

We had a busy weekend with our guests and a long day at church, since we had a fellowship meal afterward.  The girls had friends over then, we took them home in the evening and my niece and I settled in for a chat, which ended not too long before Tim got up this morning.

To say I'm a tad groggy is an understatement, but it was worth it.  I'll grab a nap in a while and then try to get to bed a bit early this evening.  Tim and I are going to an A-Lister event for Chick-fil-A this evening!  

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Brrrr....wow at the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun that the Florida people got to experience snow. Our three nights of freeze last week did its damage and its sad to see. Hoping for our hydrangeas to make it, which we covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a busy weekend too - filled with lots of family time. I bet the Florida kids loved playing in the snow - and it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I knew that you got snow, but I had zero idea that it is still with you. Call me shocked. Do you suspect it will be gone by week's end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a busy and joy-filled weekend! A late night chat is satisfying on so many levels. (Even if a nap is required the next day.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're LIVING Lilly's advice: “Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.” ― Lilly Pulitzer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking like Spring here🌾 I hope your day is perfect! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...