Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Gifts Received And An Anniversary

 I wanted to share a few gifts I received for Christmas.

We used a name generator to determine who was going to give gifts to whom this year. Wes and I tend to get each other, not usually in the same year, but he got me again this year.

I gave him a list of things I was interested in. Several books, and this paint by numbers kit. You can find it {here}.




They have some very nice choices but I chose the peonies. Is anyone surprised by that? (grin)


My friend Kim, from Exquisitely Unremarkable blog has done several of these kinds of paintings, and it was her paintings that made me want to give it a try! This {link} will take you to several of her posts about the paintings. I can't wait to start, but I know that I need to have an uninterrupted period of time to start it for my own enjoyment. It will not be done in a day, so that will make for a nice winter project!

I also received a special gift from Nate and Kay.


It is think and smooth and beautiful! I don't know if I'll be able to chop things on it! But I did use it as a charcuterie board already! I put two layers of parchment on it!
 
I want to close today with a short video of the snow falling Monday morning.

It was lovely.

Now to the anniversary!


Today marks 6 years of marriage for our daughter Emma and our sil Vinnie! Such wonderful memories of your beautiful wedding, and lots of happy times with you and your sweet kids now! Love you!


I also want to thank you all for your thoughtful comments on yesterday's post. These past nearly two years have been very painful and heartbreaking for our nation and the world. That is fact, regardless of what we think about the virus. 

Also if you purchase a paint by numbers through the link, I get a little bit of compensation.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your daughter and son in law! What a beautiful photo and I love your paint by number canvas! I hope you'll share your masterpiece when you're done and thank you for sharing my posts, that was very kind. I've really enjoyed painting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for a personalized gift that celebrates your loved one's hobbies or interests? Look no further than a custom paint by numbers kit! These kits are the perfect way to show off your creative side, and they make for a great conversation starter, too. Plus, they're easy to find - just search for "custom paint by number" or "paint by number kit" online.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...