Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Recent Purchase

 

I've wanted a set of bells like this for several years, but have been unwilling to pay what they usually cost. An Instagrammer I follow, Allie @prvbsthirtyonegirl, showed these and had a link and they were only $28! Wow! 

I ordered them and they came quickly. However, I was surprised by their size. They are big, and usually these kinds of bells are smaller and you hang them together. I wouldn't hang these together unless I was making a wreath that was very large!

I looked at Allie's link and it said that the bells were 3", 4", and 5"! What?! I looked at my order and sure enough the description says 3", 4", and 5"! Kyle and I measured last night and these are 9 1/2", 6 1/2", and 4 1/2"! 


I'm not certain what to do. I mean, I love these things. I've already figured out where I would use each one. I would however love a set of the smaller bells, too. I'm thinking of contacting the seller and seeing whether my order was a mistake or whether their listing is wrong.


They look really aged and their sound is amazing, even though they won't be wrung.


What to do, what to do. I'm definitely keeping these bells, but if I contact the seller and order a new set, am I going to get the smaller sized set? I don't want another set this size.

Also, am I the only one who is thinking now of autumn? August is back to school month here in Pennsylvania, and that means autumn to me! It's still summer temps here and we are swimming and enjoying all the summer things, hello peaches, but my mind is beginning to think of autumn. I spent a bit of time on Pinterest yesterday looking at all the autumn beauty.

Okay, I'm ready to hear your thoughts about the bells and about thinking about autumn! Bring it on, friends!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea that bells were "a thing." What were they originally used for? They are big, but they could be used as one uses lanterns in vignettes. Perhaps they'd be nice on a shepherd's hook where they could be rung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say they aren't going to be rung. -sigh- I'd have to ring them once in a while!!!!! -grin-

    Hmmmm, guess you could contact her. Why not?

    Perhaps you will get these, and the smaller ones you want, "in one fell swoop" as the old saying goes. :-))) Instead of having to go searching again. Would be wonderful if she has both.

    -sigh- Autumn.... I'm still hanging onto summer, although it is not my favorite time of year. Our first Grand Daughter is being married the beginning of Sept., and we "aren't ready yet" so I don't want to rush. -grin- For now, I think I will let Autumn be in the future of my thoughts. When the time is right, I'll get the urge, to let Autumn Love in. -smile-

    💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of those bells! I think I would contact the seller to see if it was a mistake. If it was, you may be able to keep them and order a smaller set too.

    It's so hot here, and there are still a few more summer things I'd like to do, but I am definitely thinking about autumn and looking forward to it! It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...