Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

In Praise Of Small Houses - The Hall Bath

 


This bathroom is the main bathroom for the house. It is the one our whole family uses on a daily basis, that means four of us. It is the bathroom all of our guests use.

Over the years we used design to help the bathroom work for us - whether it was six kids using this bathroom daily, or only one.


Here are so photos of how it has looked over the years.







I will admit that currently those hooks have towels hanging on them! 

I loved the picket fence - it worked great for kids to hang their towels on - but his current look is my favorite!

One of my mantras for the home is that we must make our homes work for us whatever stage we are in. Sometimes, the slightest change can make all the difference.

Also, of note - I've had this shower curtain since 2016! I realized that when I was looking back through blog posts for photos. Wow. I am still not tired of this design! However, I am not one to only change a curtain because I'm tired of it. 

This is not a huge bathroom, it has no natural light, and the closet is behind the bathroom door. This means you have to go all the way into the bathroom, and close the hall door to access the the closet. But this room is a workhorse, and I am thankful for it!

5 comments:

  1. This takes me back to my growing up years when 10 of us shared one bathroom and somehow it worked. I like your new design with that wainscoting and the hooks. We lived in a 720 square foot condo for a few years. It took me under an hour to clean the whole place thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shower curtain. I have a similar one. It is in the sewing room in hopes of "a fix" for its continually shrinking ways. I like the last remodel best, though that picket fence was truly inspired. The only way to fix your closet problem is to flip the door to the opposite side. Would that be an easy fix or you have learned to live with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picket fence. I always wanted to do that. Instead we put up a picket fences in the yards. Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one best too! I just hung the 'fall' shower curtain in Louis Dean's bathroom. It's trees and branches and I love it. So far I have a fall curtain, a summer curtain and a Christmas curtain! He's so lucky I love to decorate his bathroom! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the house grows along with you and your needs. The picket fence must've been super fun for the kids, I mean how cool is that?? I love your current look, too. Very charming...even with towels on the hooks! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...