Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, August 1, 2022

Weekend

 

We had a quiet weekend. Tim has a cold so he took the opportunity to really rest, which is rare for him. I'm glad he did. 
Kyle had a gathering of co-op friends to go to that was about 45 minutes away, and Tim and I were going to take him, get some dinner and have a bit of a date. 

Instead, our friend Denny came over unexpectedly, so I took Kyle by myself. I drop Kyle off at the host family's home, and then drove about a half an hour to Middle Creek Wildlife management area. I hadn't been there for about a year.

The backroads of Pennsylvania are gorgeous and I had to stop to get this photo of how lush the fields are looking.

The photo below is from Middle Creek. I couldn't get a good photo of the lake, but it was pretty calm. In the spring it is filled with Canada geese, Tundra swans, and Snow geese migrating. Its noisy from birds and crowded from everyone coming to see them. I snapped this photo on a quiet road that you take take through the Wild Life area.

When Kyle and I got home Tim, Sarah, Wes, and Rachel were playing a game called Scythe. Denny had left, Wes and Rachel had come for a swim. When the came was over Tim went to bed.


It's local peach season here! So I peeled a bunch on Saturday and we enjoyed some with our BLT's we had for lunch yesterday. 

Tim and I stayed at home yesterday from church, but Sarah, Kyle and the grand girls went. They got a swim in after lunch and good thing, too, because it rained later in the day, and again late last night.

We've had good rain this year, but hadn't had any for over a week, so I was glad for the rain.

Tim's cold is much better and he's off to inspections today. Kyle and Sarah have dentist appointments this morning, so I need to get moving.

I hope your weekend was what you needed.

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus.  Romans 15:5


3 comments:

  1. The first BLT of the season is always a huge treat! The drive you took all alone sounds pleasant and looks beautiful. Glad that Tim is back up and at'em. Always a revolving door at your cottage. That says a lot as in your home is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deanna for sharing a few photos of how beautiful Pennsylvania is....just lovely! And those peaches...oh my....the star of summer aren't they? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A restful weekend is a rare treat, isn't it? Glad you were able to enjoy that, in spite of Tim's cold. Fresh peaches and BLTs both sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...