Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Change of Plans....

My plan was to post photos of my flower gardens yesterday.  I did get Lindsay to take pictures, and I am sure they are good, but I haven't seen them yet.

I also was going to start a quilt yesterday for my new great nephew, who is due in October!  We just found out this week that it is a boy!  So sweet Cayden is going to have a brother! How fun! 

But, I didn't get to it.  I needed to run Tim's glasses to him at work - he needed them to see little teeny tiny numbers on parts...and found out yesterday that we are hosting Tim's brothers family and a family from Senegal, West Africa for lunch TODAY, so I wanted to prep for that.  We had planned to host them sometime during their visit and today is the best day in the schedule for that.

Then a quick trip to the library to return overdue books. This is how our local library gets their funding - from us! Yikes!

So, what I am trying to say is that I hope to post some photos later of lunch today, and then tomorrow show you photos of my garden.  I know you are just riveted to your seats and can't wait to see them.  Uh, yea...

My life is often very fluid as to what is happening.  I try to go with the flow, and usually do well, but I feeling a tad bit of stress today.  Trusting the Lord to work out the details, and letting the stress go...

3 comments:

  1. Praying that your time of hospitality is blessed. This is your gift....let it flow, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to remain flexible. May your lunch with family from so far away be just a wonderful time of catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that....trust and just go with it. I have had an impromptu visit from family all week, and I have to just let it be. Have a wonderful lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...