Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, Monday


 Kind of a low key day ahead...

The kids are all headed out to spend part of the day with friends...Tim will probably dig some post holes for the arena...I will be...hmmm, what will I do?  Declutter my desk, perhaps, mop the wood floors...laundry is done, and the kitchen and living room are clean.  Maybe some dusting...the hall bathroom was deep cleaned on Saturday - teaching my younger girls to do this...

I moved furniture around on Saturday, just a bit, so that I could move my massive table in the kitchen.  It is a great table but it has always been hard to get around easily by the kitchen door...now the traffic flow is much better.

Tim made our table a few years ago and we love it!  We can seat twelve people around the table with ease, we can have two sewing machines set up and use the other end for cutting fabric...it is a monster of a table though!  I like the table this way and I think the living space still works as well!

I have a skirt to sew sometime, some fabric to sort through...lots of little projects around here that help to make our house a home.
I might even talk my husband into going to lunch! That sounds like a plan to me!

4 comments:

  1. As I am reading this at lunchtime I do hope you two are out having a wonderful conversation and great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day...You'll have to let us know, did you end up going out to lunch with your hubby? (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get lunch out? That's always a good plan. Funny how the simple moving of a piece of furniture one way or the other makes such a difference. Your table sounds like one I'd love in my sewing room, though if it were there, nothing else could be.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...