Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, December 19, 2016

A Few Last Minute Gift Ideas


I thought I'd share a few last minute gift ideas, incase you're in need of a last minute gift or two.


If you know a knitter or a crocheter how about buying a skein or two of chunky yarn and large needles or hooks?  Have you seen the large sizes they have now?  These are size 35 and they make a size 50!  With these 35's and some yarn it is super easy to whip up a cowl or a scarf in no time!  This scarf I'm making in the photo has only six stitches on the needle!  Quick, easy and gorgeous!


We've been having some great sales on yarn in our area this month, too!  A few skeins of yarn and a hook or needles, makes a great gift!

Books - We always give books here as gifts, and finding a book by a favorite author is top of the wish list for many of us around the cottage!

I found this book this year



I didn't know about this book until I was looking online at books by Tolkien, a favorite author at the cottage.  It is wrapped and under the tree for a certain boy, but one of his older sisters begged me to give it to her instead!

Also, what about essential oils and a diffuser?  I love to use my oils to scent our house, and when Tim had a bad cold a month or so ago, I made up a decongestion blend and diffused it by his side of the bed for three nights.  He not only slept better, he was quickly over his cold.


This is the one I use.  Runs for hours.

Another nice gift is chocolate.  At least it is to me!  Since I am following an eating plan, and I don't do sugar, the options available to me are limited.  There are some good ones, but they are pricey so they would be a special gift for sure.

This is my current favorite.  I buy it at a local store (not every store locally has it) and it was on sale 2 for $6.00.  See why it would be a treat for someone watching their carbs?

For men, who wouldn't like to receive a headlamp flashlight?  My man uses one everyday (at least in the fall and winter) to feed animals in the barn and keep his hands free.



My kids have used these for exploring caves, too!


So there you have it, my contribution of ideas for last minute gifts. Hope you've found it helpful!


1 comment:

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...