Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Family This and That - Christmas Edition


We had a beautiful Christmas - relaxed, and I would say quiet, but Kyle got a Star Wars Nerf blaster and well, you can imagine what that sounds like. 

I got a lovely silver plated tea set from Tim.





I also got a cute tea pot from Rachel -



There were lots of books - my Mom and Dad gave me Chip and Joanna Gaines book.  I've started it already.  I gave Tim, Eric Metaxas' book on Deitrich  Bonhoffer.  Lindsay gave Kyle, The Green Ember, and Ember Falls by SD Smith. (we listened to the audio books and love them!) My Mom bought Rachel, The Fairest Beauty, by Melanie Dickerson.  The girls and I have read all this series through the library, but Rachel wants to own them.  We have Sarah several Lori Wick books that she is collecting, also.  I gave Kamryn both her very own Bible and Charlotte's Web.

Its great to have readers in the family.

Lindsay and Joseph came over in the evening and we watched the Dr. Who Christmas special.

******************************************************

Thank you all for your kind comments on my duet with Sarah.  She has given me permission to share her solo with you as well.




She has really grown as a singer this year.  She loves to sing, and so we are pleased for her.

******************************************************

Emma and Vinnie have their one year anniversary on Thursday!  Can you believe it?  

Wedding Day

Here they are in a photo from Thanksgiving
They are thriving and loving their Isla!

******************************************************

Lindsay and Joseph.  They are coming up on their 3rd wedding anniversary in March.  They are so fun, and are both thriving in their work, and in their marriage.

******************************************************
Kyle is a happy kid.

Rachel enjoyed a Christmas nap with Klaire.

Dad and Mom are doing well.  They were matching for on Christmas Eve.  



We had lots of baby holding which was fun


I don't have any photos of myself, Kamryn, or Tim.  I'll do better next time!  

Today, the kids are going bowling with my parents and then we are going to see Star Wars: Rogue One with friends tonight.

******************************************************

Also, I you would, will you please pray for our friends Chad and Chelsea?  I won't share more here, but tomorrow is a huge day in their lives, and we are praying mercy and grace.  Thanks.


5 comments:

  1. Your new silver is beautiful. It seems like a lot of people got the Gaines' book for Christmas. Sounds like you had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been reading Bonhoeffer out loud together for quite awhile. You can imagine how long it's going to take us! But we also stop and discuss often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely day and I am grateful for your book reviews because now my grands are the happy owners of The Ember series or whatever the series is called. Off to listen to Sarah's song...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas with kidos and grand kids!
    The video is so cute. I love the cooing of babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Great family pictures and like you, I am rarely in them since I am the usually the photographer. Sarah's solo was just beautiful...she has such a lovely voice! May you have many blessings in 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...