Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, December 16, 2016

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!


Jane Austen was born on December 16, 1775, one of eight children born to Reverend George Austen and his wife Cassandra Leigh.  You can read more about her life here.

This is a wax figure done of Jane and it lives at the Jane Austen Centre in Bath.


Jane was a wonderful writer with a quick wit that showed up in her many books.  






She gave us great characters
















I'll be raising a cuppa or two in her honor today, and being thankful for the gifts she gave us all in her books.


My own collection of her books.

5 comments:

  1. You do love her! A darling tribute. As you know, I do not share your enthusiasm (except in movie versions) because I find her writing pretty dull and antiquated. Thank you for the quotes! Now those I can get my head around. About the wax figure...is that someone's interpretation or is it an educated guess or do you know? I'll froggle to spare you the trouble of answering in this busy season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wel that was fascinating! A forensic likeness...

    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jul/09/new-jane-austen-waxwork-forensic-science-model-real-jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Jane Austen...I studied her works at school...and now read her for pleasure. Her books never 'get old'
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!! I feel the need to open one of her books now.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy Jane Austen's books - I just finished Pride and Prejudice for the second time and her characters are wonderful. The words make you think because we don't have conversations like that. So, thank you for your post!!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...