Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday Five


Its Friday!  We are savoring a bit of mild weather for a few days, and that's got me in the autumn state of mind!

Here's my five for this week - 

1. My living room this morning.


2. Rachel got braces this week.  She was missing two permanent molars that never developed, and so we waited to see what her wisdom teeth would do.  We'd hoped that the wisdom teeth would be able to come in properly and take the place of those missing molars.  That didn't happen, the wisdom teeth were removed, and so this week started the process of pulling her teeth together and lining up her 'bite.'  She just has the uppers for 6 months then they'll add the lowers.



3. An old photo of maple leaves.  I've shared this many times on my blog, but I do love it.  Can't wait to see the leaves changing again!



4. In the meantime, I'm savoring peach season!  I'm planning to start freezing some this week.



5. Michaels has cute pillows (and other fall things) and right now fall items are buy one, get one 50% off.  



I hope you have a good weekend friends!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. braces .. i remember those days for my daughter. :)
    your living room looks cozy comfy.
    peaches .. after our fUn harvest i made two rustic
    peach tarts this morning at 5:30 when the house
    was cool. i ate a little piece for breakfast. SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braces...Laurel had them, too, back in the dark ages. I hope that Rachel will benefit greatly from an improved bite. And I certainly hope that they are not too much of a pain. Your place is looking good. I need to give my home some quality attention. A happy weekend back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxiously awaiting September First!!
    Two of my four children had braces....the youngest two....amber and Benjamin.
    The older two .....Summer and Jesse.....wanted them....desperately. Alas, and thankfully, they did not need them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had two days of very nice weather and then the heat and humidity returned. It was just enough of a taste of Fall that it has left me longing for more. It is almost time! I'd love to be sipping coffee with you (for it is still morning as I type this) in your cozy living room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your Friday Five! What a lovely box of peaches. Hope the braces experience goes well. Happy Weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes! Autumn is around the corner . Fist some more hot weather here... Resting up from a couple of days of activity with my siblings and their spouses. Thankful, but tired!

    You living room looks lovely and inviting.

    Have a restorative weekend (if possible(.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh braces...been there done that...for all the kids and myself. Ouch, but so worth it. My eldest had four wisdom teeth pulled this summer and I had my teeth fixed (again!), too. Looks like it's the summer of teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All looks serene there in your living room. Enjoy those luscious peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I am ready for fall, must get to Michael's this week. I had a peach this afternoon for a snack it was sweet and delicious.
    Have a blessed week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...