Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

                                            

The Double Tree hotel chain has a famous cookie recipe that they are sharing with everyone during the Covid19 crisis. 

Top Secret Recipes | DoubleTree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies

                                               source


I’m sharing it here.

DoubleTree Signature Cookie Recipe

Makes 26 cookies
½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ¼ cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch cinnamon
2 2/3 cups Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts 
Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. 
Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl. 
With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix. 
Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart. 
Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft. 
Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 1 hour.
Cook’s note: You can freeze the unbaked cookies, and there’s no need to thaw. Preheat oven to 300°F and place frozen cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.

The only difference I see between this recipe and the TollHouse cookies recipe I grew up on is the addition of 1/4 tsp of lemon juice, 1/2 of oats, and a pinch of cinnamon. Oh, and the baking temperature! Lower by 50°.


6 comments:

  1. When we can once more buy eggs and flour I shall try this recipe, it sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, I can almost smell them baking! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm . . . I wonder if that smidge of lemon juice makes a difference? I think I am willing to try and find out. (Although I'd better defer that experiment until I have more people around to eat them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what is the cookie like? My mother often tossed oats into her chocolate chip cookies and sometimes even Rice Krispies. They made for a crunchy cookie, which I liked. I also like a chewy cookie, but I don't like fluffy, soft cookies. Do they come out darker? Flatter? Where's the picture of this cookie, Deanna? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pic! They look as if they'd be chewy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pic! They look as if they'd be chewy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...