Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday Five - Lilacs

Happy Friday Everyone!

This five is showcasing my first lilacs in bloom!



ONE

The smell of moist earth and lilacs hung in the air like wisps of the past and hints of the future.   Margaret Miller







TWO

 The smell of lilacs crept poignantly into the room like a remembered spring.  Margaret Miller



Three
A faint smell of lilac filled the air.  There was always lilac in this part of town.  Where there were grandmothers, there was always lilac.  Laura Miller



Four
Nothing is more wistful than the scent of lilac, nor more robust than its woody stalk, for we must remember that it is a tree as well as a flower, we must try not to forget this.  Stevie Smith




Five
The lilacs are in bloom.  Forget yourself.  Marty Rubin


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. The lilacs are in bloom? That's encouraging. It's going to take some time not to mention warmth here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!! I can almost smell them now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell them in your post. Lovely! And I really loved the Marty Rubin quote: "The lilacs are in bloom. Forget yourself."

    We're a long way off from lilacs blooming around here, so I'm grateful for the glimpse of your beautiful bouquets.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother wore a lilac cologne when I was young,and I love the smell. Unfortunately, my husband and kids are so very allergic to them that we had to cut a bush down in Texas outside my kitchen window. Better they can breathe! I love to see all the beautiful pictures of lilacs and other flowers from gardens that people bring inside, but, alas, not for us. Enjoy their beauty and fragrance for me, too. Some day, in heaven . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. as a child, shopping in Woolworth was a treat .. especially if afterward my sister and I could share a soda at fountain area. Woolworth had a sweet 'toilet water' in a lilac scent. I recall sniffing then carefully closing the cap once satisfied. :) our home had a bank of lilacs along the alley fence. the scent brings sweet reminders of everything spring in north eastern Illinois on the lake. precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growing up, the lady across the street had a lilacs and used to give me bunches, wrapped in tin foil, to bring home to my mom. I still remember the smell....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I could smell that sweet scent! They are beautiful! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...