Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Planting Pots For Autumn

 I always buy mums in the autumn, and I will, but this year this plant caught my eye and I thought I might enjoy it for late summer/early autumn.


These red Celosia were $3.99 each, and buy one get one free at a local Amish greenhouse. I also bought the Creeping Jenny planted between them in the long planter.

I think I'll put this along the house by the driveway.


Celosia has always reminded me of brain matter! But it's velvety looking flowers have always intrigued me and this color is wonderful!


I bought these two for two of my concrete pots, but the flowers in them are still looking good so I'll keep these alive in their current pots for now.

I've never had Celosia before, have you?

9 comments:

  1. Is it the same as cockscomb? It appears the same, my mother had a lot of them when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color, but no, I've never seen these flowers before. Now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous red! I have not seen this type of flower before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in my recollection i've never even heard of celosia!
    it's gorgeous but yes the blooms resemble 'brain matter.'
    wish i had a bit extra of "that" stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen those, but they are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful! I love your concrete planter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen these before but they sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never had celosia before, but it is pretty and makes a statement! Will it last as long as mums do? I guess you'll learn that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, but I just saw this plant on Garden Answer. Not sure I'd enjoy the "brain matter" aspect, but the color is amazing! Too early here to buy mums. Too hot still. I like my mums to last a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...