Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, July 2, 2021

Good News Friday

 My usual source for Good News is taking some time offline right now, but I did find this good news from the week of June 20th that I never shared.












This week saw an article from Politico regarding the Vice Presidents' office.  Here is a bit of the article - 

When Vice President Kamala Harris finally made the decision to visit the Mexico border last week, people inside her own office were blindsided by the news.

For days, aides and outside allies had been calling and texting with each other about the political fallout that a potential trip would entail. But when it became known that she was going to El Paso, it left many scrambling, including officials who were responsible for making travel arrangements and others outside the VP’s office charged with crafting the messaging across the administration

  You can read more{here.}

This is not good news in my mind. If the people running our country are in disarray that is bad for all of us. 

The Supreme Court has been handing down some surprising rulings. Most of them have been positive and that surprises me. It is good news however.

Remember what our Declaration of Independence said, 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"


We rights because of our Creator gave them to us, not our government, and that our government gets its power from our consent. They don't rule over us, they work for us! We employ them.

Most of them have forgotten that and truthfully many of us have forgotten that as well!

I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day. We are cooler now, and are supposed to get rain this weekend. Hopefully it'll clear in time to do some fireworks!










6 comments:

  1. Some good news, is heartening....

    πŸŒΏπŸŒΌπŸŒΏπŸ’›πŸŒΏπŸŒΌπŸŒΏ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an upbeat list of good news, which we dearly need. You are right to remind us that the Declaration of Independence says our rights were given to us by God, not by the government, so the government has no authority to take away those rights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the good news. I especially agree with "they work for us". I don't think they realize that! Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you were able to find some good news! I was very surprised by the Supreme Court.

    Yesterday, it was the whir of the AC unit; today, it's the hum of the heater. What a wild temperature swing. I hope that we get some glimpses of sun on Independence Day. We're all heading for Laurel's. Last I heard, she was making room for people to be inside.

    I know that your family knows how to have fun no matter the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July.

    I pledge allegiance to the Flag
    of the United States of America,
    and to the......
    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...